Seven Steps to Selling Your Home
Step 1: Meet with us.
- Help us understand what is important to you
- Review the completed Sellers’ Homework and gather additional information
- Review our home marketing approach
- Review our pricing analysis
- Understand and execute the listing documents
Step 2: Decide how you want to go about selling your home.
Step 3: Prepare to sell you home.
- Prepare your home for sale - repair, stage, clean
- Establish the asking price
- Fine tune the marketing plan
Step 4: Market your Portland home.
- Market directly to buyers and to Realtors representing buyers
- Show and sell your home
- Respond to market feedback
Step 5: Respond to purchase offers.
- Key terms and conditions:
- Purchase price, earnest money deposit, total down payment and financing
- Personal property included and fixtures excluded
- Inspections and inspection period
- Closing and possession dates
- Other conditions
- Offer, Seller’s Counter-Offer, Buyer’s Counter-Offer
- Disclosures and disclosure objection period
Step 6: Manage the sale through the closing process.
- Escrow & Title
- Buyers’ financing
- Buyer inspections
- Negotiate and complete reasonable repairs
- Forward mail, transfer utilities and other accounts