About half of new home owners undertaking a home improvement project choose to remodel their kitchen. Just in time for the holidays, we have got the top trends to make sure your kitchen turns out beautifully and with a better resale value!
The Tops Trends Are:
- Chef’s Stoves: Would you like to cook on a professional grade range? This dream appliance tops kitchen wish lists. There is no denying this is a high end appliance that most people would love to have.
- Eco-Friendly Features: These are important! There are a variety of Energy Star appliances and green certified products that can be used in households. You can also contribute to an eco-friendly household by changing some of your daily routines when you replace plastic bottles with glass, use cloth towels instead of paper, and use nontoxic cleaners.
- Granite and Quartz Counter Tops: Granite countertops have been popular for a long time and continue to top popularity lists in kitchens. Quartz has become popular for countertops as well. It is resistant to stains, scratches, and is easy to take care of. Very little maintenance is required of quartz countertops.
- Tile Backsplashes: Tiles are far above the rest in popularity for backsplash accents. It is easy to use tile as a splash of color in the kitchen without being too overwhelming. Be careful which backsplash you use though, this can be the defining feature that dates your kitchen.
- Floors: Hardwood floors topped preferred choices with tiles coming in at a strong second. Linoleum is no longer a favorite for floors with those who are looking for updated kitchens.
- Stainless Steel: Stainless steel appliances are a favorite in kitchens these days. You can also combine stainless steel appliance finishes or integrate stainless steel into the cabinetry.
- Islands: They are popular but not a must. Islands don’t work for every kitchen space. Some spaces are too small or the configuration just isn’t right. Be sure the Island wouldn’t feel “in the way” if you are considering an addition of one to your own kitchen.
- Transitional Style: Recently popular, this is a look that is a blend of traditional and contemporary style.
- White Cabinets: Color variations of whites and off whites are what is most popular on kitchen cabinets today. The white cabinetry helps to keep your kitchen light and bright!
- Gray Color Schemes: Grays are making a strong comeback! All-white kitchens are out and variations of gray are the new trend. People want clean looking and low maintenance kitchens. Don’t do something too trendy or radical; it may look dated and decrease the value of your home in the future. You want to make sure you love the way your homes looks for as long as possible!